Nordhavn 60 2016 $2,895,000 usd for sale
A Rare Twin Engine Nordhavn 60!
Equipped for Any Region
“Ship Faced” is a Nordhavn 60, one of the most successful models in Nordhavn’s esteemed history of designing and building transoceanic-capable motor yachts. She is hull #69 of the N60 series, and the product of evolutionary changes throughout the N60 model run.
Nordhavns have been through the Northwest passage, down through Antarctica and many, many places in between. In fact, Nordhavns have logged over six-million cumulative miles.
“Ship Faced” has been from Southern California up through the Pacific Northwest, Alaska, out to Hawaii, down to Central America, and through the Canal to the US East Coast. She is uniquely equipped for operation in any region on the planet, as a review of her electronic, electrical (including a shorepower converter), and mechanical specifications will show. Much of her equipment was recently installed as noted. With extended range of 3000+ miles with included external fuel, “Ship Faced” is ready to go anywhere.
Her cosmetics have recently been renewed with new hull topside, deck and superstructure paint to make her more identifiable with traditional Nordhavn Colors – a light gray hull, and white deck and superstructure. Urethane paints are known for color and gloss retention exceeding that of gelcoat. Ship Faced has no damage history.
Please note the age of the many recent additions as you read through these specifications.
This Nordhavn 60 is located in Florida, please contact us at 514-521-1221 for all details about this trawler Nordhavn 60, our office is located in great Montreal area.
Ita Yachts Canada offers to assist you and see to your interests for the purchase of this yacht that is for sale by another organization. We will be present during the inspection and throughout the transaction regardless of location. The Ita Yachts Canada team is committed to the highest ethical standards.
Salon: (headroom 6’-10 ½”)
Entering the interior, notice the beautifully figured vertical grain teak joinery throughout.
The salon offers the consummate lounging area with a social connection to the galley, and comfortable seating for reading, listening or screen viewing. There are entertainment electronics including a TV on a remote control lift to starboard and a multi-speaker sound system. The settee and dining table in the port aft corner of the salon can seat six for meals by simply moving across the two “Tony chairs” at the galley counter. The settee also offers a comfortable viewing angle for the TV.
Two Ekornes recliner chairs can be moved to suit for screen viewing or reading.
The Dutch door opens to the cockpit and includes a Phantom roller screen incorporated into the valance surrounding it, desirable in many regions.
The asymmetrical deck configuration with starboard side deck, balances the interior volume of the salon and galley with the security of the starboard side deck and its high bulwark.
Forward in the salon there is easy access to the galley, hallway, and pilothouse. A teak overhead handrail is installed for assistance moving fore and aft through the salon. The “hallway interior” has become the most popular of all the N60 offerings. It gives direct access to the master and guest staterooms, and the “day head”. The pilothouse access, with its own “captain’s cabin”, and head with shower a few steps into the hallway.
Galley: (headroom 6’-9”)
The galley is brightly appointed with light granite counter tops. The sole is tiled in charcoal squares. The effect is a light and airy workspace.
With full-sized home-style appliances, abundant storage cabinets and generous counter space, the galley will please the most demanding chef. Standard equipment includes a Sub-Zero refrigerator with two freezer drawers (one with an icemaker), 5-burner gas stove and electric oven, microwave/convection oven, and dishwasher. For additional cold storage, there is a top-load chest freezer in the utility room.
- Sub Zero refrigerator with icemaker and custom teak doors with locks
- Countertops – light colored granite
- GE Cooktop, Model PGP953SETSS, stainless steel – LPG
- GE Oven – stainless steel finish
- GE Microwave/convection oven, Model PVM1790SRSS, stainless steel
- Bosch 800 Series dishwasher ultra-quiet SPX68U55UC stainless steel New 2020
- iSpring RCC7P 75 GPD Reverse Osmosis System with Pump, 5-Stage Boosted Performance, Superb Taste, Under Sink, Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System with Brushed Nickel Faucet, New 2020. Plumbed to kitchen sink and refrigerator ice maker.
There is sociability and TV viewability from the galley, so meal preparation can be a convivial event.
Master Stateroom: (6’-9” headroom)
The master stateroom access is in the hallway just forward of the pilothouse stairs. It includes a queen bed with custom mattress, and drawer storage under, as well as a lot of additional organized storage capacity. (Master bed dimensions: 6’-7” x 5’-3”)
Two, larger than standard, stainless steel opening ports and an overhead hatch bring in light and fresh air to the space.
Master Head: (headroom, including shower 6’-9”)
There is also a well-appointed head and shower ensuite to the master stateroom. The shower has a glass bi-fold door, opening port, and timer-controlled exhaust fan.
The vanity top is light granite, and the sole is dark random-cut tile for a stylized effect. The toilet is a fresh-water flush Tecma.
Forward Guest Stateroom: (6’-10” headroom)
The forward (guest) stateroom includes a centerline double bed (with custom mattress), and ample organized storage. A door in the hallway just aft of the guest stateroom can be closed to create an ensuite head and shower configuration. When not closed off, it serves as a day head, easily accessible from the salon area.
The forward guest stateroom includes four opening portlights plus the light and ventilation of three overhead hatches.
In all, the forward stateroom is one that you would be proud to have your guests occupy in comfort.
Forward Guest Head with Shower: (6’7” headroom, and 6’7” shower headroom)
The forward guest head is just aft of the Guest Stateroom, and can be adjoined to the forward guest stateroom as above.
The head itself includes a light colored granite topped vanity with mirrored medicine cabinet above, Tecma toilet, and dark stone tiled floor. There is one opening port in the head and one in the shower stall. There is also a timer controlled exhaust fan.
Forward Machinery Space:
A hatch in the cabin sole of the forward guest stateroom provides access to the forward machinery space with watermaker, water system components, bow thruster, thruster batteries, and other plumbing components.
Guest Cabin #2: (6’-7” headroom)
Unique to “Ship Faced” is a second guest cabin on the main deck fitted with over and under bunks, another feature that makes this boat perfect for extended families. There are two opening ports, and drawer and hanging locker storage in the cabin.
Pilothouse, Captain’s Cabin, and head:
(Pilothouse and captain’s cabin 6’-11” headroom, pilothouse head 6’-3” taller at its center)
To starboard, directly across from the galley are the stairs up to the pilothouse. Their spiral design makes efficient use of interior space, incorporates storage locker space, and provides security while underway
Located amidships for minimal motion at sea, the pilothouse provides excellent, 360-degree visibility. A full-sized helm chair puts the captain comfortably in command of the ship, with all electronics and controls within sight and reach. Aft of the helm chair, an L-shaped settee and table, elevated for superior visibility, will seat three to four crew members. Beneath the settee are full-sized chart drawers and additional storage. Although there is currently one Stidd helm chair, there is sufficient room for easy installation of another.
The most surprising feature of the N60’s pilothouse is its private stateroom complete with head and stall shower and double-sized berth. Perfect for the off-watch crew on long passages, this area will also serve as a private guest stateroom.
(Pilothouse bed dimensions: 6’-5” x 4’-5”)
- New in 2022: Starlink second generation antenna mounted on stack and hard wired to pilothouse.
- New 2021: Peplink Internet connectivity package.
- Peplink Max HD2 dome dual 4G LTE cellular router hardwired antenna under satellite dome.
- Peplink SIM Injector mounted in pilothouse for management of up to 8x SIM cards for the Max HD2 dome.
- New 2021: Iridium Go satellite receiver with hard wired antenna under satellite dome. Provides offshore voice / text / weather data / text. based email everywhere.
- Bow and stern thruster controls
- Electronic controls
- Fuel gauges
- Battery and inverter management displays
- Generator start and stop and gauges
- Furuno FA-150 AIS Monitor – battery replaced 12/2021
- Dual 24’’ Hatteland Monitors for the Furuno TZTL12 Touchscreen GPS/Plotter Radar
- All Americas charts updated 1/2022
- Furuno SC-50 Multi Display
- Furuno GP 33 Display
- B&G Triton T41 Display-multi-function
- Icom VHF Radio IC-M506-31
- 2ea. 23’ Comrod antennas with Rupp mounts2ea. Furuno Autopilot FAP-7011C
- New in 2022: 2x Steer Straight CR4200 Steering Pumps with Softshift valves
- Fusion Stereo
- Engine room and aft deck cameras
- Ethernet switch connecting wired ethernet to Victron systems, MG Battery Managers, Salon entertainment system, and Master Stateroom entertainment system to Starlink or Peplink WAN
- Remote monitoring and alarming of ships electrical systems via Victron VRM
The Nordhavn 60 has been designed to incorporate a flying bridge as standard. Located directly over the pilothouse, it provides excellent visibility and is the ideal place to run the vessel in fair weather.
- Electronic engine controls
- Icom VHF radio IC-M506-31
- B&G Triton T41
- Furuno Autopilot FAP-7011C X 2
- Furuno TZTL12 Touch Screen GPS/Plotter Radar
- Bow & stern thruster controls
- Yamaha receiver
- Powered sub-woofer
- Poly Planar 6×9 3-way high power speakers
- Samsung 48” LED TV in Salon on powered lift
- Wired ethernet to entertainment system
- Two built in Poly Planar 6×9 2-way high power speakers
- Sonos Amp
- Samsung 32” TV in Guest Stateroom
- Samsung 3D Blue-ray disc player in Guest Stateroom
- Fusion Stereo system w/Bluetooth in Pilothouse and Fusion 7” 2-way marine speakers
- Samsung 32” TV
- Samsung 3D Blueray Player
- Larger opening portlites than standard
- Wired ethernet to entertainment system
- Sirius receiver
- Sirius low profile marine antenna
- Iridium Go
Maretron (NMEA 2000)
- Monitors multiple system functions onboard
- 4ea. Gost Mini Ball Camera – 1 engine room, aft face of stack (boat deck view), Aft cockpit
Stairs down from the starboard forward corner of the salon lead to the utility room, which is just ahead of the engine room, included in it are the separate Asko washer and dryer, GE 7.2 cu ft. chest freezer, and locker storage for tools and spares. The utility room also serves as the entry to the engine room through an aluminum, sound insulated, dogged door with viewing port.
Engine Room: (headroom: 5’-10” forward, 3’-10” at the aft engine room/lazarette door)
The Engine room is extraordinary for any 60-foot yacht. The entrance is through a gasketed, sound insulated, aluminum door equipped with a viewing port and two dogs. Nordhavn engine rooms are known for organized and spacious access to engine and other mechanical and fuel system components ensuring that access for maintenance is provided, and inspections underway are facilitated.
All the way aft is another insulated aluminum door access to the lazarette, facilitating mechanical inspections while underway.
The lazarette is where many of the principle electrical components, steering system, and HVAC components are installed. The is alternate access through a large hatch in the cockpit fitted with an electronic strut. Even with the system components installed, there is still considerable volume for the storage of miscellaneous equipment such as fishing gear, dive gear, folding chairs, etc.
Deck and Exterior
There is a large swim step aft of the transom with removable staple rails, which serves well for swimming, diving, and kayak and tender boarding.
The cockpit will easily accommodate a folding table and chairs (included) with room to spare. Access from the cockpit to the foredeck and the Portuguese bridge is via the starboard side deck. Direct access to the boat deck and flybridge is via the molded stairs from the cockpit or from the interior, through the port and starboard pilothouse doors. The cockpit also includes a storage module with sink and faucet.
The Nordhavn 60 has been designed to incorporate a flying bridge as standard. Located directly over the pilothouse, it provides excellent visibility and is the ideal place to run the vessel in fair weather. It also provides an excellent vantage point for running through coral, narrow passes, an entering unfamiliar marinas.
The flybridge is fitted with a set of navigation electronics, as well as a set of engine controls, helm chairs and a settee and table, all under a molded fiberglass hard top. The flybridge offers a great vantage point for navigating a narrow pass, through coral, or when entering an unfamiliar marina. The hardtop is multifunctional including for maintenance access.
- Electronic engine controls
- Settee with FRP table and white vinyl cushions
- 2ea. Todd helm chairs #1500-01D, can rotate for dinette sociability
- Stainless steel ladder to flybridge from boat deck with wide molded fiberglass treads
- Icom VHF radio IC-M506-31
- Sink with Skandvik faucet/sprayer
- Refrigerator with icemaker
- Bow & stern thruster controls
- (see “Electronics” for electronics complement
- The boat deck aft of the pilothouse will accommodate a tender of 14’ with room for another, variety of water toys, or motorbike.
- Steelhead Esprit 1500 lb. davit – full extension to 12′ – four function hydraulics (luffing, winch, telescoping and rotation) with 24 volt HPU
- Boat deck extension to the transom as one piece
- Removable railings on boat deck aid in launching or retrieving tenders or equipment
- 25 gallon gasoline tank with pump forward on starboard side of the boat deck
DECK AND EXTERIOR
- Windlass – Maxwell VWC 3500 24VDC powered. Maximum pull rating of 3,500 lbs. Fitted with a chain wheel for hands free anchor handling, and capstan above that can be decoupled from the chain wheel and used independently with rope rode. Windlass controls are mounted in the pilothouse, flybridge, starboard wing control station, along with foot switches adjacent to the windlass on the foredeck.
- Anchor – 170 Aritex stainless steel plow-style
- Anchor chain – 400’ of ½” galvanized.
- Davit – Steelhead Model 1500ES hydraulic-electric extends from 7-12 feet with a capacity of 1500 lbs. and has 350 degree power rotation.
- Large cockpit with room for a folding table and chairs.
- Teak decking over cockpit sole extending over the starboard side deck forward to the steps up to the Portuguese bridge.
- Molded fiberglass steps up from the cockpit to the boat deck
- Access to the boat deck from the port pilothouse door
- Three freshwater spigots – one on the foredeck, in the cockpit, and on the boat deck
- Teak table with four folding chairs (new 2023)
Twin John Deere 4045AFM85 M-2 rating 180hp @2,300 RPM
Engine propeller shafts:
2” diameter Aquamet 22 fitted with PSS shaft seals and Spurs line cutters.
30×22 counter rotating. The shafts exit the stern tubes through the skegs into an aperture formed by the skegs and rudders, giving the propellers significant protection again fouling or damage. The skegs also function to add additional directional stability underway.
Mathers electronic controls in pilothouse, on flybridge, starboard wing station, and cockpit control station. Also included in each station are engine start/stop buttons, thruster controls, and windlass control, and horn button. The cockpit control also includes the lazarette hatch control.
Engine room ventilation:
Two intake blowers and one exhaust blower. Fan speeds are controlled with Fantech speed controllers. Additional blowers are installed in the lazarette and the forward machinery space.
Cruisair air-conditioning in the salon/galley, pilothouse, master stateroom/head, forward guest cabin, starboard guest cabin. All units have reverse cycle heating and are fitted with “soft-start” capability.
ABT-TRAC model 250 active fin stabilization with control panels in pilothouse and on flybridge
Side-Power electric bow and stern thrusters 24-volt, 15-hp, 10” diameter each with control pads in pilothouse, on flybridge and starboard wing station.
Hynautic hydraulic steering system with emergency tiller back-up. Dual autopilot pumps are “SteerStraight”, for critical redundancy.
The Nordhavn gravity feed fuel system consists of (five) storage tanks of vinylester resin laminated fiberglass construction. As such, the tanks are not subject to metal corrosion. Each tank has a man-sized access port in its top and removable baffles inside for cleaning access.
The storage tanks feed an aluminum supply tank forward in the engine room that is the lowest and central pick-up point for the main engines and generators. The supply lines are ¾” from the storage tanks to the supply tank and from the supply tank out to the fuel filters. The larger diameter fuel lines prevent any debris from causing an intermediate blockage from the tank to the filters. The supply tank is the lowest point in the fuel system and is fitted with a sump equipped with a water sensor and drain at its bottom. Water accumulated will sound an alarm in the pilothouse alerting the operator to drain it off. The fuel supply tank also has the function of allowing consumption to be monitored by means of a sight glass mounted to it. The main engine consumption can be accurately monitored electronically, but to monitor the main engines plus generator, the supply tank sight glass can be used by stopping flow to it from the storage tanks and picking up and returning fuel to the supply tank while running the engines. The result will be the cumulative consumption.
The fuel transfer system if fitted with a Racor 900MA filter so whenever fuel is being transferred it is being filtered. The system allows filtering between tanks, or from one tank and back to itself. The system also provide the option to pre-filter fuel being transferred into the supply tank.
Engine room tanks are fitted with sight gauges, and the three forward fuel tanks are monitored by an electric gauge with a display in the pilothouse.
Main engine filters are Racor duplex 75/900 MAX, and the generators each have a Racor 900MA
Lube oil change system: There is a built in lube oil change system with a reversing pump plumbed to a manifold for removing and filling engine and transmission lube oil.
Included in the sale is a 500 gallon ATL fuel bladder with 12V fuel transfer pump and custom built extra heavy duty tie down net for adding cruising range.
The Electrical system allows “Ship Faced” to plug in to shore power in just about any grid worldwide, and if not, she has plenty of generator capacity. The systems are new in 2021 and been tested over may miles underway and in varying environments. The basis for the systems are very reliable Victron Energy Systems components and their close association with MG Batteries.
For generator power, Northern Lights have provided decades of reliable service in yacht and commercial marine applications.
- New in 2021: 43.2kwh LFP MG Energy Systems Batteries with Victron 16kw 240v inverters with Power Assist, boosts shore power up to 21kw. 16kw 240v power available on batteries and underway. Run HVAC silently all night on batteries. 2x backup Victron battery chargers.
- 4x Victron Energy Quattro Inverters 24/5000/120-100/100 120V QUA245023110. Combined to make 16kw at 240v.
- 6x MG Energy Systems LFP Batteries 25,6V/280Ah/7200Wh MGLFP240280
- MG Energy Systems Master LV 24-48V/600A Forward BMS MGMLV480600
- MG Energy Systems Master LV 24-48V/1000A Aft BMS MGMLV481000
- 2x MG Energy Systems Monitor MGMLV481000 MGEMD010001
- Victron Energy Cerbo GX BPP900450100
- Victron Energy GX Touch 50 Energy Monitor BPP900455050
- Real time online status reporting via Victron VRM transmitted by connection to Peplink HD2 Dome cellular internet router.
- 2x Victron Energy SKI024100000 Skylla-i 24/100(1+1) 230V backup battery chargers
- 2x Wakespeed Offshore WS500 Alternator regulator with CAN-Bus WS500 Alternator regulator with CAN-Bus. With “P” type WS500/PH Harness
- New in 2021: AC12 ASEA Power Systems 12kva shore power converter, converts low voltage / dirty 50hz and 60hz shore power to clean 240v 60hz power.
- Northern Lights 20kw generator in sound shield 240 volt 60 Hz (approx. 863 hours)
- Northern Lights 9kw generator (approx. 686 hours)
- AC/DC Electrical distribution panel
- Parallel switch for emergency engine/house battery paralleling
- Parallel switch for emergency generator/house battery paralleling
- Shower power inlets:
- Forward 50A -240V and 30A 120V 60hz inlets – direct to ship power
- Aft 170V to 540V AC 40 hz to 70hz on power cord on automatic spool with USA 50A inlet and adapters for Euro power cords. Feeds ASEA AC12 12kva shore power converter.
- Aft 185V to 265V 45hz to 65hz shore power inlet with 16A, 32A, 50A, and 63A adapters – feeds 2x Victron Skylla-I battery chargers
- Olsun isolation transformer
- Battery and DC system:
- 24V DC house power
- 2x 255+ AH (8D) lifeline batteries in series for engine starting.
- 2x 255+ AH (8D) lifeline batteries in series for generator starting.
- 2x Victron IP65 24v 5A battery charger with Bluetooth – hardwired – charge and condition the engine and generator start batteries.
- 2x Victron IP22 24v 16A power supplies hard wired to provide backup 24v power to house from generator power in the event of battery failure.
- One (1) x “Group 31” lifeline battery in pilothouse for house 12 volt service – with 70 amp 24/12 voltage converter. Batteries are secured
- The engine starting batteries are isolated from the house batteries, preventing inadvertent discharge of the engine starting batteries. Parallel switches provide for emergency engine starting.
- One (1) x “Group 31” lifeline battery in pilothouse for house 12 volt service – with 70 amp 24/12 voltage converter. Batteries are secured.
- 2x Balmar 97EHD-190-24-IG 190A 24V large case alternators to power inverters and charge house batteries. Regulated by Wakespeed WS500 regulators.
- Olsun Isolation Transformer
- Shorepower receptacles in forward face of Portuguese bridge
- Ship’s Service 50amp and 30amp
- HVAC Service
- Glendinning shorepower cord retrieval system in transom
- Primary – Northern Lights 20kW (863 hours)
- Secondary – Northern Lights 9kW (686 hours)
Fresh water system:
600 gallon freshwater tank of vinylester laminated fiberglass, with a large inspection port and very smooth food-grade gelcoated interior surface for maintaining cleanliness. Distribution is from a Headhunter Mach 5 system pressure pump.
Hot water is supplied from two 20-gallon Torrid Stainless Steel water heaters. Water is heated via a 3000-watt electric heating element, or by a Kabola diesel boiler quietly, without running an engine or generator. A hot water circulator is installed to provide instant hot water in the galley, master stateroom head, guest head, and pilothouse head.
Fresh water is distributed throughout the interior via a manifold located in the forward machinery space. There are also four spigots on deck: one at the foredeck, cockpit, boat deck, and engine room. A hot and cold shower is installed on the swim deck.
An Ispring potable water Reverse Osmosis drinking water filtration system is installed in the galley with a dedicated drinking water faucet. Water for the icemaker is piped from the drinking water system.
A Village Marine 600 gal/day watermaker is installed in the forward machinery space below the cabin sole in the forward guest cabin.
- Freshwater tank (600 gals) with tank level indicator in the pilothouse
- Tecma freshwater flush toilets in each head – each head has own macerator; each head operates independently in the black water system, so if one were to shut down, the others would continue to operate.
- Headhunter Mach 5 pressure water system pump, plus Mach 5 back-up pump located in the forward machinery space
Black and Gray Water Systems
Both Black and Gray water tanks are of vinylester resin molded fiberglass equipped with inspection plates, tank level sensors with gauges and pump control panels in the pilothouse. There are also manual back up manual pumps. Macerated waste entering the black water tank helps when pumping out the tank.
- Fiberglass Black water tank (120 gals) (454 l.)
- Electric T-24 discharge pump with manual Whale back-up pump
- Toilet systems are plumbed with Y-valves for discharging to the black water holding tank or directly overboard where permitted
- Fiberglass Gray water tank (110 gals) (379 l.)
- Electric T-24 discharge pump with manual Whale back-up pump
- Black and Gray water system control panels in pilothouse
- SeaFire FD1300m automatic fire suppression system in engine room, includes engine, generator, and blower shutdown. Manual pull cable in utility room
- SeaFire FD1050 fire suppression system in lazarette with pull cable in salon
- Revere 6-person liferaft in canister pack, cradle mounted with hydrostatic release, on boat deck (service due soon)
- Life jackets
- 2ea. Throwable rings – one in cockpit and one on boat deck
- Edson manual bilge pump as back up to electric pumps operable from inside salon
- Jabsco 24-volt primary bilge pump w/Ultra float switch
- Rule 3700 high water bilge pump with Ultra Senior float switch and alarm in pilothouse
- Nordhavn “as-built” Owner’s Manual, plumbing and electrical system drawings – the best in the marine industry
- Updated electrical drawings showing systems recently installed
- Maintenance records
- Current name is applied with vinyl lettering to transom, facilitating a name change if desired
Artwork; dinghy; all personal gear; loose items; galley gear; fishing equipment; tools; spare parts; supplies and items not specifically listed on equipment list specifications sheet.
The boat presented on this page is for information purposes only and is not necessarily available for sale and/or rent. This boat is offered under reserve, availability to be verified. This document or this announcement is not contractual. The boat information displayed in the above results is presented in good faith and, while believed to be correct, is not guaranteed. Ita Yachts Canada Inc. does not offer warranty or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the information and/or images displayed, as they may not be current or may be images of a comparable boat. All boat information is subject to change without notice and is without warranty. This boat may be offered by another broker open to co-brokerage.