Nordhavn 68 2020 $2,995,000 usd for sale
This Nordhavn 68 is a 2020 model and is spec’d for all environments with two generators, two water makers, diesel heat, multi-frequency battery chargers, 2,500 gallons of fuel, and legendary Nordhavn construction detail.
The Nordhavn 68 picks up where her iconic smaller sister, the Nordhavn 62, left off: a salty, seaworthy, aft-pilothouse yacht capable of offering extreme comfort, luxury and of course, capability. But the N68 incorporates a modern feel and better space planning, and perfectly fills the size gap that exists between the aft pilothouse N63 and the larger Nordhavn 76 in the current Nordhavn line-up.
“There are those who have great affection for the aft pilothouse boat and the 68 fits perfect among the 62, 63 and 76,” says PAE President Dan Streech.
The distinct styling of the 62 has been a Nordhavn hallmark for nearly twenty years, and the 68 captures the essence of this vessel yet it incorporates the latest thinking in design, systems and technology and packages it all into a beamier, heartier hull. The interior is stunning with modern styling and beautiful teak joiner work. And despite the size advantage, this vessel is just as easily managed by a cruising couple without need for captain and crew.
This NORDHAVN 68 (Gitana II) is located in Florida, please contact us at 514-521-1221 for all details about his trawler NORDHAVN 68, our office is locate din great Montreal area.
Ita Yachts Canada offers to assist you and see to your interests for the purchase of this yacht that is for sale by another organization. We will be present during the inspection and throughout the transaction regardless of location. The Ita Yachts Canada team is committed to the highest ethical standards.
ENGINES & HYDRAULICS
Main Engine (1320 hrs.): John Deere Model 6090: Main propulsion is supplied by a John Deere Model 6090 w/ M3 rating of 325HP @ 2,200 rpm, coupled to a ZF #ZFW325, 3.958:1 reduction transmission, in turn coupled to a 3″ Aquamet 22 drive shaft on which is mounted a 5-blade, bronze propeller. This transmission reduction allows the propeller to turn slowly, greatly reducing noise and vibration. The engine is keel-cooled, with dry exhaust with an in-line muffler, a signature design element of most Nordhavns, eliminating the need for a raw water through-hull and raw water pump, thereby reducing the risk of a cooling pump failure at sea. A Spurs Marine line cutter is installed on the main shaft, just forward of the propeller.
Wing Engine (97 hrs.): John Deere 4045 TFM 85 HE: Auxiliary propulsion is supplied by a John Deere 4045 TFM 85 HE “wing engine” rated 100 hp @ 2400 rpm, with high-output heat exchanger cooling and a ZF 631V 2.477:1 ratio “V-Drive” transmission with Morse control cables. The propeller is a folding Gori 3-blade (24″ diameter x 19″ pitch). The shaft is a 1.5″ diameter of Aquamet material. The shaft is supported by a bronze strut bonded into the hull. There is a hydraulic pump mounted on a PTO to create full power from the hydraulic system for thruster, windlass, anchor wash and emergency bilge pump. Having the PTO also ensures that the wing engine is run on a regular basis.
Oil Change System – Plumbed to main engine, wing engine and both generators.
Hydraulic Systems: ABT-TRAC: Gitana II is equipped with ABT-TRAC’S integrated hydraulics system that is powered by quiet, high efficiency hydraulic piston pumps separately driven by the main engine, the wing engine, or the PTO (Power Take Off) pump on the 20 kW generator. These pumps support various systems:
- Anchor Wash: Pacer Pump, located in forward equipment area, with a 180 gal/min. capacity, plumbed to a fixed nozzle below anchor rollers.
- Bow and Stern Thrusters: ABT-TRAC twin, counter-rotating propellers, are installed in both the bow and the stern.
- Emergency Bilge Pump: Pacer Pump, located in engine room, with a 180 gal/min. capacity.
- Stabilizers at Sea: Gitana II is outfitted with upgraded ABT-TRAC digital active fin stabilizers with digital control panel in the wheelhouse.
- Stabilizers at Rest: the STAR (Stabilization At Rest) system significantly reduces vessel roll while anchored or on a mooring. STAR’s unique 3-term algorithm measures roll and controls the stabilizing fins’ movement to generate a smooth counter-acting energy pulse that significantly dampens roll. At anchor, the STAR system is powered by the PTO pump on the 20 kW generator.
- Windlass: Upgraded Maxwell hydraulic windlass VW4000 with band brake and chain counter installed in the pilothouse. Windlass controls are installed at each control station.
While Gitana II is spec’d as 230V/50Hz boat, she is equipped for world cruising. Victron TG 24/100-amp battery chargers, that accept a range of voltages from 90-265, and frequencies from 45-65hz, keep the batteries charged, while dual Victron Quattro inverters handle all house electrical loads. All electrical outlets by VIMAR are universal to accept a worldwide variety of plugs and USB connections and are installed throughout the vessel.
Batteries: Six (6) Lithionics batteries 24V 300AH each in 3 banks with NeverDie BMS (Battery Management System). Main engine starting: 2 x 4D (12v, 210 amp-hrs each). Wing engine and 16 kW generator starting: 2 x group size 31 (12v, 105 amp-hrs each). 20 kW generator starting: 2 x group size 31 (12v, 105 amp-hrs each). Communications: 1 x group size 31 (12v, 105-amp hours). All starting batteries are AGM, Lifeline brand.
- Generator #1: (866 hrs.) Northern Lights 20 kW at 50Hz with Auto-Start, located inside a sound shield in the engine room. 24v starter with two “Group 31” batteries. The exhaust includes a Centek water lift muffler and Gen-Sep exhaust system, eliminating the possibility of being “that guy” in the anchorage. Even a passing kayaker would likely not know your generator is running.
- Generator #2: (401 hours)Northern Lights 16 kW at 50Hz mounted in a sound shield in the lazarette, with a Gen-Sep exhaust system as above. It also has a 24-volt starting system with two “Group 31” batteries. This generator is fitted with Auto-Start as well.
Alternators: Two 190-amp alternators on the main engine with one Wakespeed regulator, and a standby Balmar backup alternator that can be plugged in if needed, and one 190A alternator on wing engine with a WakeSpeed charge controller.
Battery Chargers: Two (2)Victron Skylla TG 24/100-amp battery chargers accept 90-265 volts input at 45-60hz.
Inverter/Charger: Two (2) 8kW Victron Quattro inverters.
Monitoring and Control: Victron BMV712 and Victron Color Control GX installed on main distribution panel. Victron CCGX is connected to onboard router to allow for remote monitoring of the electrical systems.
Distribution Panel: The panel is conveniently located on the main level in the passageway with a sub-panel in the pilothouse.
Isolation Transformer: Olsun (12 KVA), located in the pilothouse.
Shore Power: Glendinning Marine Cablemaster manages the primary power cable.
Solar Panels: 2 LONGi 370W panels installed on pilothouse top with Victron MPPT 150/85 solar charge controller in the lazarette.
NAVIGATION AND ELECTRONICS
Maretron Monitor System: Maretron is renowned for its precision engineering and is used on commercial vessels as well as superyachts. Gitana II is fitted with an extensive Maretron system with a separate NMEA200 backbone. The system is run on a separate dedicated Intel NUC PC and displays results on one of the color touch screens in the pilothouse. Accurate levels of fuel tanks, fresh water and wastewater are easily displayed. Engine performance details, including temperatures, pressures, and fuel efficiency are shown. Various pressure, temperature, and electrical sensors are installed to monitor most aspects of the vessel. Data points outside programmed parameters result in audible and visual alarms.
Navigation PC: PC with solid state drive and remote switch, running Nobeltec professional software with weather routing module, is connected to the navigation Maretron backbone and can be run as a backup or in conjunction with the Furuno TZT2BB system.
Video Camera System: 7ea. AXIS M3026-VE video cameras are installed in the engine room, lazarette, cockpit, swim platform, on port and starboard control stations, on the starboard walkway and exhaust stack facing aft. Two FLIR AX8 thermal cameras are installed in the engine room to monitor main and wing engines. FLIR M625S thermal stabilized camera (640×480) is installed at the top of the exhaust stack. All cameras can be monitored remotely through the AXIS server and can be displayed on either navigation PC in the Maretron system, or on any device connected to onboard Wi-Fi via web browser or AXIS software.
Navigation and Communications Systems: Gitana II’s systems were designed with redundancy in mind, for ultimate safety and peace of mind in remote areas. There are two separate NMEA2000 backbones and redundant sensors installed.
- Navigation: Furuno NavNet TZT2BB serves as the primary navigation system, seamlessly displaying component information supplied through the NavNet 3D Hub101. Information can be displayed on two 24″ monitors.
- Forward Looking Sonar: Simrad ForwardScan connected to B&G Vulcan 7″ chart plotter display. This chart plotter is connected to a separate second navigation NMEA2000 backbone equipped with all sensors allowing complete backup navigation.
- Displays: Three (3) Seatronix 24″ touch screen monitors of 350 niton main dash, one Seatronix PHT-12” on upper dash. Two (2) Maretron DSM250 displays allow monitoring of various data from each of the navigation networks.
- AIS #1: Furuno FA170 Class A AIS transponder 4.3″ color display.
- AIS #2: Icom M605 VHF with built-in AIS receiver.
- GPS: Furuno GP33 provides location information to the primary navigation system.
- Wind Indicator: B&G 608 wind sensor.
- Weather Station: Airmar 220WX ultrasonic weather station.
- Fish Finder: Furuno transducer w/ temp, built-in Diplex w/ HSF.
- Depth: Airmar DX900 speed/depth/log no paddlewheel ultrasonic sensor capable of indicating bottom type, as an aid to anchoring.
- Autopilot: Two (2) Furuno NavPilot 711C, one with JAS-LC1 follow-up lever. Two (2) 24vdc Steer Straight CR4200 pumps with Softshift valves.
- Radar #1: Furuno FAR 1528 25kW transmitter, 96NM FAR1523BB black box radar with 6′ open array.
- Radar #2: Furuno DRS4DNXT 24″ solid state dome doppler radar.
- Radio #1: ICOM M605-11 radio with Command Mic IV remote installed in engine room.
- Radio #2: Icom M605 VHF with built-in AIS receiver and Command Mic IV remote installed in cockpit.
- Radio #3: Icom VHF command mic in galley.
- Satellite Communications: KVH V7 HTS 60 cm Mini VSAT antenna. The KVH TracPhone antenna inside the dome has been replaced with a Starlink dish providing internet and telephone communication supplemented with Eaton 220VAC UPS system. Iridium GO! installed on pilothouse upper dash with fixed mast external antenna on the exhaust stack.
- Onboard WIFI: Aegian MFR3 router, 2x Aegian MAP7 access points, Aegian LD-70 high power WiFi system, KVH LTE1 dome antenna with internal Peplink 2 SIM router.
- Onboard intercom phone system: Panasonic KXT DA50G 4×4 hybrid phone system PABX is installed with six (6) Panasonic KXTDT521 phone sets located in pilothouse, galley, master and forward staterooms, utility room, and engine room. This allows for communications between the stations and calling over satellite connection.
- Compasses: Furuno SC 70 satellite compass, Ritchie 4.5” compass on main dash.
- Night Vision: FLIR M625S thermal stabilized camera 640×480 mounted near the top of the stack.
- Searchlight: Carlisle & Finch 350-watt, Xenon bulb, with LED hybrid and strobe options.
- Lightning Control: Ground system with #2 wire and Forespar wand.
INTERIOR LAYOUT AND DETAILS
Layout: Customized three stateroom layout – master cabin and forward guest cabin, and “captain’s” cabin in pilothouse, with an additional crew berth in utility room, and pipe berth over the desk forward in the hall way.
Utility Room: Stainless steel work surface is installed under the crew bunk. Pipe berth, sink and faucet, and mirror above sink are added. Two combination washer/dryers and a freezer are installed behind locker doors.
Wood: Horizontal grain teak with satin finish. Teak and ebony floors throughout except galley and heads, where ceramic tile is installed.
Countertops: Granite counters in galley and heads. Galley has extended aft bar counter. Additionally, granite tops are installed on master cabin dresser and bedside tables, forward cabin dresser, curved cabinet under salon TV and on top of Gensep locker.
Pilothouse: Two Stidd chairs, upgraded to chrome package.
Salon: Two upgraded custom Ekornes Stressless recliners with ottomans. Salon teak table with adjustable height pedestal and removable leaf.
Mirrors: Full height mirror in teak frame is installed in the master cabin. Mirrors are installed above master cabin dresser and on forward guest cabin headboard.
Windows: All windows (except for the pilothouse forward ones) have ceramic tint film installed providing comfortable glare and heat reduction and maximum UV protection for inside of the vessel.
Mattresses: Custom HMC mattresses in all cabins.
Carpets: High-end commercial grade carpet was installed by Jeddy’s Interiors in Dana Point, CA.
Steam Shower: Steam Suite Plus 6kW steam shower is installed in the master stateroom ensuite.
GALLEY & HOSPITALITY
Cooktop: Gaggenau CX480100 400 series induction.
Extractor Hood: Gaggenau AF210161.
Dishwasher: Gaggenau DF250141.
Oven: Combi-steam oven Gaggenau BS470101.
Warming Drawer: Gaggenau WS-462-100.
Refrigeration: Integrated Miele KFN 37672 refrigerator. Sub-Zero refrigerator/freezer drawers ICBID-30CI. Miele wine chiller KWT6312UGS. In addition, there is a U-Line U-3060FZRINT-00B freezer in the utility room. In the pilothouse, below the settee, there is an Isotherm 24V frost-free refrigerator.
Trash Compactor: Krushr 400 with custom teak front panel.
Waste Disposal: Insinkerator Evolution 200 in galley sink.
Water Filtration: Grohe Blue Duo system provides chilled sparkling or still filtered water from U-spout in super steel.
Galley Sink: Upgraded Blanco Precision 18″x33″ double basin sink is installed with separate pull-out spray.
Appliance Garage: Appliance garage with tambour door and lighting and electrical outlets is fully lined in granite and houses small appliances such as Nespresso coffee and cappuccino maker, kettle, toaster, blender, etc. Gitana II comes with a large variety of small household appliances in 220V.
Washer/Dryer: Two (2) Miele washer/dryers WTF130 in the utility room.
- Bose Lifestyle 650 home theater system installed in the salon, Bose SoundTouch SA-5 amplifier connected to one pair of Bose 251 speakers in the cockpit and one pair of Bose SE151 speakers on the upper deck.
- Two (2) Bose SoundTouch 30 speakers in the pilothouse.
- Samsung Frame 55″ TV in the salon, Samsung Frame 43″ TVs in master and VIP staterooms.
Anchor: Primary anchor is an Ultra Marine 80 kg with a UFS-16 swivel attached to 500′ of ½” HT chain.
Spare Fortress Anchor
BBQ: Miele electric grill (CS 1312 BG) and electric tepanyaki (CS1327Y) are built into custom cabinetry in the cockpit.
Bimini: The bimini covers the upper aft deck, as well as the port and starboard walkways, which allows the pilothouse doors to be open even in rainy conditions.
Enclosure: Custom Isinglass enclosure in the cockpit with shade/mosquito mesh fabric panels. Removable shade and privacy mesh fabric panels on upper deck.
Cockpit Heater: Heatstrip electrical radiant heater is installed on cockpit ceiling.
Cockpit Hanging Locker: Full height hanging locker for wet gear with drainage and ventilation is located just outside of the salon entry door.
Salon Hanging Locker: Salon dry hanging locker with cedar lining is located just inside the salon door.
Capstan: Maxwell Marine VC2500 24v warping winch is mounted portside in the cockpit.
Controls: Mathers MC2000-1 main engine control in the pilothouse. Mathers electronic engine controls are fitted on both the starboard and port Portuguese bridge stations and in the aft cockpit control module. Each station also includes bow and stern thruster jog levers, engine start and stop controls, windlass control and horn button.
Davit: A Steelhead Marine, model ES1500, is mounted on the port side of the foredeck. The davit extends to 12-feet, and is equipped with both wired and new generation wireless controller.
Deck Storage Boxes: Two West Marine deck boxes are installed on foredeck under the davit. One West Marine deck box is installed on upper aft deck in removable mounts.
Deck Surfaces: Swim step, cockpit, starboard passageway, foredeck and upper aft deck have an anti-slip molded pattern.
Doors:All four doors are Dutch-style and have glass in upper and lower panels, all doors have Phantom rollout insect screens mounted inside door valences.
Ladder: A folding MarQuipt ladder attaches to the port side of the foredeck for easy access to/from the tender when loading it into the water or back onto the foredeck.
Pulpit/anchor platform: Pulpit is widened and fitted with additional treads for easy access to the rollers.
Swim Step: The standard transom swim platform is extended to allow more usable space. Additionally, the swim step was designed with a curved hump underneath which dampens “water slapping” while at anchor. A dive ladder swings down into the water, and latches in “up position” while underway. A second ladder which can be retrieved from the water is built into swim step railing staple. Pop-up cleats are installed for dinghy or water toys tie-up. Shower head with hot/cold water is just inside the transom for showering on the swim platform.
Exterior Tables: Cockpit diningtable with stainless supports is located just forward of the FRP bench seat with storage. Another table is located at the large FRP settee (with storage) on upper aft deck. This table can be lowered to form a lounge area.
Tender & Dinghy: Boston Whaler 130 Super Sport in custom removable chokes installed on foredeck. Porta-Bote 14′ folding boat with optional sailing kit is mounted on foredeck railing.
Passive Stabilization at Anchor: Anchoring flopper stopper poles are stowed in horizontal position on port and starboard sides. Custom PAE hinged stainless steel stabilizer plates are stowed in railing bracket on the foredeck. Deploying them is easy and they are quite effective at roll-dampening at anchor.
Access Rail: A Harken track with sliding car is installed along the edge of top deck port to facilitate safe cleaning and maintenance on port side of the vessel.
Upper deck safety netting for kids:
Accumulator: GROCO 10-gallon accumulator (model PST-3) maintains water pressure so the house water pumps do not activate every time water is requested.
Fresh Water Pressure Pumps: Headhunter “Mach 5” #M5-240, 240V 50Hz.
Back-Up Fresh Water Pump: Headhunter “Mach 5” #M5-240, 240V 50Hz.
Water Heater: 152 l (40 gallon) for 220-volt, diesel heater, and engine heat exchanger operation.
Watermaker, Primary: Dometic XZ series combination SeaXchange/Spot Zero fully automated system XZ1200/2000Z with secondary control panel installed on main electrical distribution panel. Primary watermaker is equipped with an additional media (sand) filter. Watermaker is also equipped to process run dock water through it for processing. Especially useful where dock water is not potable.
Watermaker, Secondary: Dometic Sea Xchange SX semi-automated SXII600Z watermaker (600 gal/day) 240vac – frame unit installed in forward pump room with control panel installed on main electrical distribution panel.
FUEL AND OIL
Fuel Tanks: Two main tanks, two forward tanks, one wing engine tank, and one supply tank total 2,500-gallon capacity. Fuel levels are monitored by the Maretron system and displayed in the pilothouse. Main tanks, wing engine tank, and supply tank have sight gauges in the engine room.
Fuel Filter/Separators: Racor filter/separators are installed for all major equipment: 900MA for main engine (dual filters) and wing engine; 500MA for the two generators and the diesel furnace. Filters are fitted with vacuum gauges and Racor petcock drains at the bases.
Fuel Transfer Pump: UpgradedOberdorfer N991-32-A97 (240 gph) with large Racor 1000 filter.
Oil Change System: PAE standard system hard plumbed into both engines and both generators.
Water Detection Sensor and Alarm: Racor water detection panel in the main distribution panel receives signals from the water detectors on the fuel supply tank. Water accumulation in the supply tank sump will sound an alarm in the pilothouse. Accumulated water can be drained from the sump.
Black & Gray Tank Water: Sealand T24 electric discharge pumps with manual backup Whale Seaward BP0527 discharge pumps installed in line. Tank levels are monitored in the pilothouse on the Maretron system, as well as by Dometic display on the control panel in the main passageway.
Toilets: Macerating toilets by Tecma (Silence Plus model with bidet add-on).
Thru-Hulls: All raw water through-hulls, seacocks, and strainers have been upgraded to Groco with Monel baskets.
Air Conditioning: CRUISAIR remote compressor system equipped with SoftStart and SMX controls throughout the living areas. All A/C condensate drains are routed to the grey water tank.
Heating: For cold climates, the Olympia diesel heater – units in pilothouse, salon, all cabins, and heads. Heater system plumbed through a heat exchanger for engine supplemental heating. Heating system plumbed for constant domestic water heating – includes pilothouse window defroster. For milder climates, the CRUISAIR has a reverse cycle for heating and aux heat strips. Electric heated floors in three heads and galley – Step Warm floor system.
Fans: 24V Caframo Sirocco II fans are installed in all cabins and pilothouse.
Exterior Lights: LED. Osculati Aurora pop-up lights installed on upper deck settee.
Deck Flood Lights: Two GoLight GLX LED floodlights are installed facing forward, two aft, and one each on port and starboard sides. Forward, aft, and side lights are grouped on separate breakers.
House Lights: Lighting throughout the interior is LED.
Searchlight: Carlisle & Finch 350-watt, Xenon bulb, with LED hybrid and strobe options.
Underwater Lights: 5 x SV19 LED underwater lights.
Fire Systems: The engine room and lazarette are each outfitted with Sea-Fire Marine fire suppression systems (FD1300M and FD1050M) and are designed for automatic or manual operation, with relay box to shut down main engine, generator and engine room fans if discharged. Fire extinguishers are in each room, and smoke alarms have been added to each room as well.
Ditch Bag: Waterproof bag with EPIRB and variety of flares, rockets, smoke, and other signals.
Liferaft: Viking RescuPro 8-person in hard case with hydrostatic release installed on top of the pilothouse.
MAINTENANCE AND SPARES
Paint & Colors: Hull is Arocoat #340 Grey. Deck: Ferro White. Custom waterline boot striping is Arocoat #348 Dark Blue. URSA was completely waxed in January 2022 and hauled out in February 2022 to renew bottom paint.
Hookah system – has never been used
8′ Achilles tender and Torqeedo motor
Sunshade for pilothouse windscreens
Full cockpit isinglass surround
Insect screens for cockpit
Sunshade for cockpit
Rod holders on upper pilothouse deck
Art, tools, personal effects
The boat presented on this page is for information purposes only and is not necessarily available for sale and/or rent. This boat is offered under reserve, availability to be verified. This document or this announcement is not contractual. The boat information displayed in the above results is presented in good faith and, while believed to be correct, is not guaranteed. Ita Yachts Canada Inc. and/or ProprioBateau does not offer warranty or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the information and/or images displayed, as they may not be current or may be images of a comparable boat. All boat information is subject to change without notice and is without warranty. This boat may be offered by another broker open to co-brokerage.